Free DNS provides easy shared DNS hosting & URL forwarding

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Repository "Hello world" (aka Riffly.com)

This week I've worked the repository plugin for the riffly.com audio services. Starting the plugin was easy. The documentation presents clearly the required first steps. Thei are not hard to follow.

Moving on and getting into more details proved harder, due to the gaps in the documentation. For answers to many questions I had to dig into the repository lib code and trace the control flow. I guess the code is still in working because there are many code comments left, some obsolete comments, and many non-documented functions (too many?).  Yeah, and the Ajax part did make the process harder in some places.

Anyway, I got a skeleton of the plugin in place :). I still have some unanswered questions (like is the link and ref_id return types treated diferently, and how?).

Another issue is missing information about the riffly premium features. I wrote them requesting details, but I haven't received an answer yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment